Natural Gas Vehicles
The future is today
Natural gas fleet vehicles are clean burning and produce nearly zero emissions. Best of all, they rely on North American supplies of natural gas - not imported oil.
Americans awareness of the value and potential of natural gas fuel for vehicles is growing - in government, with fleet owners, individual consumers and with those concerned about energy security and the environment. Find out more: Natural Gas Vehicle Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Business Case for Compressed Natural Gas in Municipal Fleets (PDF)
- Natural Gas Vehicles Are a Hot Topic These Days
Slide Show: Natural Gas Fleet Vehicles
For Americans looking to join a campaign that advocates for Compressed Natural Gas vehicles, or just looking to learn more about natural gas fuel and natural gas vehicles, the the following websites are excellent resources:
- NGVAmerica (NGV) Natural Gas Vehicles for America (NGVAmerica) is a national organization dedicated to the development of a growing, sustainable and profitable market for vehicles powered by natural gas or hydrogen. NGVAmerica represents more than 100 companies interested in the promotion and use of natural gas and hydrogen as transportation fuels, including: engine, vehicle and equipment manufacturers; fleet operators and service providers; natural gas companies; natural gas producers; and environmental groups and government organizations.
- Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFVi) Alternative Fuel Vehicle Institute (AFVi) has served as the connection between fleets and the alternative fuel and vehicle industry. AFVi provides alternative fuel consulting to help fleet managers select alternative fuel and advanced technology vehicles that are right for their fleets and offers the technical training necessary to safely and properly operate and maintain those vehicles and fueling stations.
- Natural Gas Vehicle Institute (NGVi) Natural Gas Vehicle Institute is North America's leading provider of training and consulting on natural gas as a transportation fuel.
- US GasVehicle.com
- U. S. Department of Energy, Clean Cities
- Clean Energy
- CNGNow CNGNow is dedicated to educating consumers about the benefits of compressed natural gas (CNG) - an abundant, clean-burning alternative to gasoline and other transportation fuels.
- American Council for an Energy-efficient Economy (ACEEE)
- Northeast Gas Association (NGA) The Northeast Gas Association (NGA) is a regional trade association that focuses on education and training, technology research and development, operations, planning and increasing public awareness of natural gas in the Northeast U.S. NGA represents natural gas distribution companies, transmission companies, liquefied natural gas importers and associate member companies. These companies provide natural gas to over 9.5 million customers in eight states (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont)
- American Gas Association (AGA)
- Pickens Says Technology is Ready for 18-Wheelers to Switch to Nat Gas
- NGV Supporters Push for More Natural Gas Autos
- The power of CNG in heavy-duty vehicles
- Why should I care about compressed natural gas
- The history of compressed natural gas
- The future of compressed natural gas
- Refueling a natural gas vehicle
- What's under the hood of a CNG Vehicle