Wilton Gas Expansion Project
Yankee Gas is excited to begin construction on the Wilton Gas Expansion Project.
It is Yankee’s first large-scale expansion project under Connecticut's recently
enacted Comprehensive Energy Strategy.
New natural gas pipeline will be installed in the town of Wilton, Conn. It will enable gas expansion into Wilton Center as well as to several municipal buildings.
This project offers community businesses and residents along the route a chance to convert to high-efficiency natural gas and lower their energy costs. Natural gas is a clean, efficient and affordable fuel source, becoming the “fuel of choice” for Connecticut.
Wilton Gas Expansion Project Facts:
|Route Length:||Approximately 3.5 miles, underground|
|Location:||Wilton, Conn. (see map)|
|Timetable:||Construction began – August 1, 2014|
|Construction projected to be completed – End of November 2014|
Crews will continue construction operations on the 3.5-mile natural gas pipeline during the week of September 15, 2014:
- One crew from GPL Construction will begin installing pipe along Route 7 adjacent to Wilton High School. The crew will be working from Catalpa Road, working north.
- A second crew from GPL Construction will continue to install pipe on Horseshoe Road, working south toward Wolfpit Road.
- One crew from Henkels & McCoy will continue with the installation of pipe on Wolfpit Road, focusing on the Norwalk River bridge crossing.
What you can expect:
- Two or more construction crews will be working 12-hour days (7 a.m. – 7 p.m.) Monday-Friday.
- Yankee Gas will maintain access to residences and businesses, as well as ensure priority passage of emergency vehicle traffic through construction areas.
- Construction activities will take place at multiple sites along the route until the project is completed.
- Work zones will be protected from pedestrians and vehicles.
- Police officers or flagmen will oversee traffic control.
- This work is expected to continue through the end of November 2014.
(Please note that construction work is weather dependent, and these construction updates are subject to change without notice.)
Keeping the lines of communication open is an important part of our work in your community. For more information about construction activities, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 860-665-4644.