Home Energy Solutions
Reduce Your Energy Bill & Save
The Home Energy Solutions (HES) program, supported by Energize Connecticut, helps to reduce your home’s energy bill.
A Yankee Gas authorized contractor will perform an energy assessment, make on-the-spot improvements, including caulking and sealing of critical air leaks, and if eligible, provide exclusive money-saving rebates on appliances, HVAC systems and insulation.
How does the program work?
Choose one of the following methods to apply for Home Energy Solutions (HES):
- Apply online and Yankee Gas will assign a contractor to call you to schedule an appointment.
- If you are a Connecticut Municipal electric customer (not a CL&P or UI customer), you can call 1-877-WISE-USE (1-877-947-3873) or call your Municipal utility to apply.
- Use the Energize Connecticut Find a Professional search tool to locate a Yankee Gas-authorized contractor to schedule an appointment.
Contractor energy assessment services may include:
- Testing that pinpoints critical drafts and air leaks around doors/windows and ductwork system
- Installation of hot water-saving measures including low-flow showerheads and faucet aerators
- Rebates for qualifying central AC systems and for replacement of certain inefficient appliances with qualifying energy-efficient models
- Installation of energy-efficient compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs
- Incentives for insulation upgrades
- A "kitchen table wrap-up" where the technician will review the work that was done in your home and tell you about additional resources that can help you save energy and money
A fee for the energy assessment program will be collected by the Yankee Gas authorized contractor at the time of service.
Your HES energy expert may recommend improved insulation for your home. Click here for a list of approved installers.
You may be eligible for free weatherization services. See if you qualify for Home Energy Solutions - Income-Eligible by clicking here.
For more information, call 1-877-WISE-USE (1-877-947-3873).