How To Read Your Bill - Rate 03
Click the number for a brief description.
Your name, account number and statement date.
Company contact information, supplier information (if applicable), usage or demand charts, budget billing summary (if applicable), important messages. Information could be continued on side 2.
Account summary: previous charges, new charges and total amount now due.
Service detail: service location and reference number, billing period, meter readings, rate, itemized charges. Information could be continued on side 2.
- Service Location: Address to which natural gas was delivered.
- Billing Period:
- Meter readings: Amount of natural gas consumed, measured in CCF (1 CCF = 100 cubic feet) at the beginning and end of the current billing period; includes total CCF used.
- Rate: e.g., 1 - residential non-heating firm service, 2 - residential heating firm service, 03 - residential multi-dwelling firm service, 10 - small general firm service, 20 - medium general firm service, etc.
- Customer Service Charge: A flat rate that depends on customer type (e.g., non-heating vs. heating).
- Delivery Charge: The charge to deliver natural gas through the Yankee Gas distribution system.
- Demand Charge (applicable to Rate 3): The charge that reflects the customer’s highest single day usage over the past 12 months. For customers on Rate 3, whose usage is typically measured monthly by an ERT device, the highest daily usage is estimated based on the customer’s individual usage patterns and weather. If the customer elects to have a telemetering device installed for a monthly fee, actual daily usage will be used in determining the customer’s highest single day usage over the past 12 months.
- Supply Charge: The total purchased gas cost of each unit of natural gas.
- Sales Services Charge (applicable to Rates 1 and 2): The rate associated with the recovery of on-site production and storage plant associated with the provision of gas supply, as well as certain gas supply-related asset costs.
- Sales Services Demand Charge (applicable to Rate 3): The demand based rate related to the recovery of on-site production and storage plant associated with the provision of gas supply, as well as certain gas supply-related assets.
- Conservation Adjustment Mechanism: Funding mechanism to make conservation programs available to all customers, not just income-eligible customers.
Remittance stub with total amount now due. Please note the new payment address. Detach at the perforation and return the remittance stub with your payment.
Account messages, which might appear on the front or back of the bill.
Important phone numbers, billing and payment options, calculation and check processing information.